Students in this LLC enjoy engaging in service learning activities and strengthening their leadership skills. The Service and Leadership LLC promotes active student engagement on campus and throughout the Lafayette community. First year students will participate in leadership activities, service projects, and other targeted programming throughout the year. Residents will be exposed to the many ways that they can contribute to the campus, local, and global communities, both now and into the future.
There is no ACT requirement for this LLC. Please review the 2019-2020 Living Learning Community Expectations.
This LLC is open to all majors.
Service and Leadership LLC students will take the following classes together:
Fall: UNIV 100 - Freshman Seminar (view the LLC Learning Objectives for UNIV 100)
Events and Programs
- Second Harvest food bank
- Habitat Restore
- Get Involved program
- Food drive at UL football games
- Habitat for Humanity Presentation
- Habitat for Humanity Build
- The Big Event
- Spooktacular Halloween Children's Carnival
- Trick of Treat for Food Bank
- Visit St. Joseph’s Diner and Men’s Shelter
- Plan and implement art show for the Gateway to the Arts LLC
- Volunteer at the Louisiana State Academic Summit
- Volunteer at the Spring Flower Show
- Volunteer for Keep Louisiana Beautiful Conference