Information for Instructors
The UNIV 100 Showcase displays the best student work from our first-year seminar. The showcase is on display in the Dupré Library after the conclusion of the first-year seminar for viewing by students, faculty, staff and the public.
Entries will be judged in six categories and certificates and ribbons will be awarded to winners in each category as well as Best in Show. Categories include:
- Creative / Arts
- Creative Written Work
- Humanities / Social Science
- Leadership / Service
- Research Papers
- Science / Technical
As you plan your class, consider projects you might incorporate that could be displayed as part of the showcase and how you will select the best ones to enter. You may submit up to three projects from each section of your course. This will be a juried show, so not every nominated project will be displayed in the showcase. The best projects will be clearly tied to the course learning outcomes: critical thinking, communication, and information literacy.
Projects can be submitted in a variety of formats. Past projects have included research posters, tri-fold displays, music compilations, multi-media videos, digital art and history collections, and large artistic displays. Whatever you and your students can imagine, we want to show it off in the showcase. If you have an idea for a project but are not sure if it can be displayed, please contact us when you register so we can determine if the project can be displayed in the showcase.
Showcase Dates and Deadlines
The Showcase for Fall 2022 will be set up in Dupree Library during the Spring 2023 semester. Instructors and students will have the full 15 week semester for the students to complete their projects and the instructors to grade before turning them in to the OFYE office.
- Showcase Fall 2022 Project Submission - Please fill out the Fall 2022: UNIV 100 Showcase Application before the deadline, December 9th, 2022.
- All Showcase are projects due in the OFYE office on or before January 11th, 2023.
- All digital projects, such as PDFs and video projects, should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before January 11th, 2023.
- Showcase opens to public on January 20th - Feburary 16th, 2023.
- Judging will be held January 20th - Feburary 3rd, 2023.
- The Showcase Awards Ceremony will be held on February 15, 2023, at Jazzman’s Café located in Edith Garland Dupre Library. The ceremony will take place from 3:00pm -4:30pm. All UNIV 100 instructors, student participants, and peer mentors are invited to attend. Refreshments will be served.
Direct your students to this page for requirements and printable instructions to create a poster for the UNIV 100 Showcase.
The OFYE Youtube Channel has playlists of past UNIV 100 Showcase digital projects
For any questions about the UNIV 100 Showcase, please contact OFYE:
Office of First-Year Experience
Lee Hall 106