Information for Instructors
The UNIV 100 Showcase displays the best student work from our first-year seminar. The showcase is on display in the Dupré Library after the conclusion of the first-year seminar for viewing by students, faculty, staff and the public.
Entries will be judged in six categories and certificates and ribbons will be awarded to winners in each category as well as Best in Show. Categories include:
- Creative / Arts
- Creative Written Work
- Humanities / Social Science
- Leadership / Service
- Research Papers
- Science / Technical
As you plan your class, consider projects you might incorporate that could be displayed as part of the showcase and how you will select the best ones to enter. You may submit up to three projects from each section of your course. This will be a juried show, so not every nominated project will be displayed in the showcase. The best projects will be clearly tied to the course learning outcomes: critical thinking, communication, and information literacy.
Projects can be submitted in a variety of formats. Past projects have included research posters, tri-fold displays, music compilations, multi-media videos, digital art and history collections, and large artistic displays. Whatever you and your students can imagine, we want to show it off in the showcase. If you have an idea for a project but are not sure if it can be displayed, please contact us when you register so we can determine if the project can be displayed in the showcase.
Showcase Dates and Deadlines
The Showcase for Fall 2021 will be set up in Dupree Library during the Spring 2022 semester. Instructors and students will have the full 15 week semester for the students to complete their projects and the instructors to grade before turning them in to the OFYE office.
- Showcase Fall 2021 Project Submission - Please fill out the Fall 2021: UNIV 100 Showcase Application before the deadline, December 13th, 2021.
- All Showcase are projects due in the OFYE office on or before January 4th, 2022.
- All digital projects, such as PDFs and video projects, should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before December 16th, 2021.
- Showcase opens to public on January 7th - Feburary 13th, 2022.
- Judging will be held through January 17th - 28th, 2022.
- OFYE Awards Ceremony (Showcase, UNIV 100 Instructor, and Peer Mentor awards) will be held in Jazzman's Cafe on February 10th, 2022.
Direct your students to this page for requirements and printable instructions to create a poster for the UNIV 100 Showcase.
The OFYE Youtube Channel has playlists of past UNIV 100 Showcase digital projects
For any questions about the UNIV 100 Showcase, please contact OFYE:
Office of First-Year Experience
Lee Hall 106