The UNIV 100 Showcase was implemented to display the best student work from our first-year seminar. The showcase is on display in the Dupré Library after the conclusion of the first-year seminar for viewing by students, faculty, staff and the public.
Entries will be judged in six categories and certificates and ribbons will be awarded to winners in each category as well as Best in Show. Categories include:
- Creative / Arts
- Creative Written Work
- Humanities / Social Science
- Leadership / Service
- Research Papers
- Science / Technical
As you plan your class, consider projects you might incorporate that could be displayed as part of the showcase and how you will select the best ones to enter. You may submit up to three projects from each section of your course. This will be a juried show, so not every nominated project will be displayed in the showcase. The best projects will be clearly tied to the course learning outcomes: critical thinking, communication, and information literacy.
Projects can be submitted in a variety of formats. Past projects have included research posters, tri-fold displays, music compilations, multi-media videos, digital art and history collections, and large artistic displays. Whatever you and your students can imagine, we want to show it off in the showcase. If you have an idea for a project but are not sure if it can be displayed, please contact us when you register so we can determine if the project can be displayed in the showcase.
Showcase Dates and Deadlines
The Showcase for Fall 2108 will be set up in the library in the Spring 2019 semester. Instructors and students will have the full 15 week semester for the students to complete the projects, and the instructors to grade before turning them in to the OFYE office.
- Showcase Project Intent Form, submit by Friday, October 19, 2018
- Showcase Project Information Form, submit by Tuesday, December 4, 2018 (will be sent out on November 27th)
- Projects due to the OFYE office/email on or before - Tuesday, December 11, 2018
- Showcase setup in the library - January 10 - 11, 2019
- Judging - Jan. 16-31, 2019
- Showcase open to public - January 14 – Feb. 15, 2019
- OFYE Awards (Showcase, UNIV 100 Instructor, and Peer Mentor awards) - Thursday, February 7, 3:00 to 5:00 p.m., awards presentation begins at 4:00 p.m.
- Showcase breakdown - Monday, February 18, 2019
OFYE is happy to offer support in the production of your project(s). Project supplies can be purchased with an approved UNIV 100 mini-grant.
Direct your students to this page for requirements and printable instructions to create a poster for the UNIV 100 Showcase.
View Past Projects
To get a better idea of the projects, view the projects and winners from previous years:
For any questions about the UNIV 100 Showcase, please contact OFYE:
Office of First-Year Experience
Lee Hall 106