If engineering is your career aspiration, then take a closer look at the Engineering LLC. It provides extra support and services for College of Engineering students.
To apply for the Engineering LLC, students must have an ACT composite score of 24 or higher (SAT New-1230; SAT Old-1160). Please review the 2018-2019 Living Learning Community Expectations.
Students in this LLC must be an Engineering major and may not change their major during the academic year.
Engineering LLC students will take the following classes together:
Fall: UNIV 100 - Freshman Seminar
Fall: HIST 102 - World Civilizations II
Do not schedule these classes in the fall.
Spring: ECON 300 - Fundamentals of Economics
Spring: BIOL 121 - Biological Principles and Issues I OR BIOL 110 - Fundamentals of Biology I
Events and Programs
- Meet your Faculty with Dr. Chambers
- Get Involved with Engineering Organizations
- Co-op and Intern Panel
- Tailgating for First Football Game
- Career Fair
- Girls Dinner with Dr. McInerny
- Industry Visit from Chevron
- Field Trips to Begnaud’s Manufacturing, Frank’s International, Noble Plastics, and CLECO
- Tour LAGCOE
- Mentor Dinner
- Semester Celebration at Petroleum Club
- Interviewing Tips for Internships and Jobs