Welcome, Ragin’ Cajuns to the University of Louisiana at Lafayette's 9th annual Big Event! Since 2013, our Big Event Flocks have been committed to beautifying Acadiana and engaging in UL Lafayette's biggest community service event. Thank you to all of our student, faculty, staff, and alumni volunteers for joining us! Over the years, our community has given so much to this University and the impact that you will make today, through volunteering, is vital to this city.
This day would not be possible without the help of 2021-2022 The Big Event Executive Board. This team of student leaders has worked together for nearly 10 months planning this year’s event. Please join us in extending One Big Thank You to our team! We would also like to acknowledge our advisors for this year’s event: Kayla Hebert, Megan Sistrunk, Vanessa Adamson, Emily Covington, Morgan Scott, and Dr. Beth Giroir. Thank you for your guidance and support! Additionally, we'd like to give a special shout-out to our 2021-2022 Executive Board members for their dedication to The Big Event and for laying a strong groundwork for this year's event.
This year, we are introducing the Golden Flamingos to recognize the student organizations and individuals that exemplify our motto: One BIG Day One BIG Thanks. Be sure to check @ulbigevent on Instagram after The Big Event to see the winners!
- Super GREEK Award — Is given to a single fraternity or sorority that has organized the largest amount of volunteers with The Big Event.
- Now That’s A Flock! Award — Is given to a student organization that has organized the largest amount of volunteers with The Big Event.
- Most Creative Name Award — Is given to the flock with the most creative name. The winner is determined by the Executive Board.
- The Early Bird Award-Flock — Is given to the first flock (based on registration time) that has registered for The Big Event.
- The Early Bird Award-Individual — Is given to the first individual (based on registration time) that has registered as an individual volunteer with The Big Event.
Flock leaders, please remember to distribute the following items to your teams:
- Project-Site Location
- Hand Sanitizer
- Remember Flock leaders, if you are a part of: Cajun Clean Up, please leave all of the trash bags and tools at Martin Hall.
- Project Site: follow the instructions that are given at the site!
Executive Board Applications
If you are interested in becoming a member of the Executive Board for next year’s Big Event, fill out our TBE 2023 Executive Board Application Form.
Day of Pictures
As you go out and help the communities of Southwest Louisiana, make sure to take lots of pictures of all of your hard work and don’t forget to tag us using the information below!
Interested in donating to The Big Event? Check out our crowdfunding link to see how you can give back!
Post-Big Event Survey
Within the coming weeks, you will be emailed a survey to give us feedback on your experience while participating in today’s volunteer efforts. We encourage you to take the survey so that we can continue to improve year after year!
Thank You to Our Sponsors
Looking for a spot to grab lunch with your flock after The Big Event? We encourage you to support our partner restaurants that helped to make The Big Event 2022 possible! The Big Event is an entirely student-run organization that functions solely on grants, donations, and fundraisers. Thank you to our 2021-2022 top sponsors:
Student Government Association
Fox Pest Control
Hilton Garden Inn
Kitchen on Klinton
Mr. Michael & Mrs. Lindsey Desormeaux
ONE-BIG DAY, ONE-BIG THANKS