Welcome, Ragin’ Cajuns to the University of Louisiana at Lafayette's 8th annual Big Event! Even in the midst of an especially challenging year, our Big Event flocks have stepped up to participate in UL Lafayette's biggest community service event. Thank you to all of our student, faculty, staff, and alumni volunteers for joining us! Over the years, our community has given so much to this University and the impact that you will make today, through volunteering, is vital to this city.
This day would not be possible without the help of 2020-2021 The Big Event Executive Board. This team of student leaders has worked together for nearly 10 months planning this year’s event. Please join us in extending One Big Thank You to our team! We would also like to acknowledge our advisors for this year’s event: Kayla Hebert, Megan Sistrunk, Vanessa Adamson, Emily Covington, Morgan Scott, and Kaylee Annello, Dr. Beth Giroir, and Ashley Clement. Thank you for your guidance and support! Additionally, we'd like to give a special shout-out to our 2019-2020 Executive Board members for their dedication to The Big Event and for laying a strong groundwork for this year's event.
A Message from UL Lafayette President Dr. E. Joseph Savoie:
This year, we are introducing the Golden Flamingos to recognize the student organizations and individuals that exemplify our motto: One BIG Day One BIG Thanks. Be sure to follow @ulbigevent on Instagram to see this year's winners!
- Super GREEK Award — Is given to a single fraternity or sorority that has organized the largest amount of volunteers with The Big Event.
- Now That’s A Flock! Award — Is given to a student organization that has organized the largest amount of volunteers with The Big Event.
- Most Creative Name Award — Is given to the flock with the most creative name. The winner is determined by the Executive Board.
- The Early Bird Award-Flock — Is given to the first flock (based on registration time) that has registered for The Big Event.
- The Early Bird Award-Individual — Is given to the first individual (based on registration time) that has registered as an individual volunteer with The Big Event.
Flock leaders, please remember to distribute the following items to your teams:
- Project-Site Location
- Hand Sanitizer
- Small speaker
- Remember Flock leaders, if you are a part of: Cajun Clean Up, please leave all of the trash bags and tools at Martin Hall.
- Project Site: follow the instructions that are given at the site!
Executive Board Applications
Would you like to be a part of the team that makes The Big Event possible? If you are interested in applying for the Executive Board for next year’s Big Event, click here to apply!
Day of Pictures
As you go out and help the communities of Southwest Louisiana, make sure to take lots of pictures of all of your hard work and don’t forget to tag us using the information below!
- Hashtag: #ULBigEvent
- Facebook: The Big Event at UL Lafayette
- Instagram: @ULBigEvent
- Twitter: @ULBigEvent
Check out our Instagram story for our first-ever virtual community fair! Included in this experience will be additional volunteer opportunities located throughout the community that welcome volunteers such as yourself! Feel free to reach out to any that spark your interest to continue to give back!
Interested in donating to The Big Event? Check out our crowdfunding link to see how you can give back!
Post-Big Event Survey
Within the coming weeks, you will be emailed a survey to give us feedback on your experience while participating in today’s volunteer efforts. We encourage you to take the survey so that we can continue to improve year after year!
Thank You to Our Sponsors
The Big Event is an entirely student-run organization that functions solely on grants, donations, and fundraisers. Thank you to our 2020-2021 top sponsors:
Equipment & Supplies Sponsor
Ragin' Cajun Sponsor
Gift In-Kind Sponsors
ONE-BIG DAY, ONE-BIG THANKS